[ BEN Financials ]
WIN 2K/WIN XP Instructions for Configuring Excel
Desktop & Printer Requirements & Standards
Follow these instructions to configure Excel operating under Windows 2000 or
Windows XP to work with data exported from BEN Financials.
- Exit your browser.
- Start WINDOWS explorer (NOT Internet Explorer [IE])
- Click on 'Tools --> Folder Options'.
- Click on the 'File Types' tab.
- Click the 'New' button.
- Type the following information EXACTLY as listed:
- under 'File Extension', type: TSV
- Click the 'Change..' button under "Details for 'TSV' Extension
- under "Choose the program you want to use:" select "Microsoft Excel"
- Click "OK
- Click the "Close" button.
When exporting from BEN Financials, you must rename the default file from fnd_gfm.download
to fnd_gfm.tsv in order for your PC to recognize the file as an Excel Tab Separated Value file.