[ Accounts Payable ]
C-Form Processing Guidelines
To reduce exceptions which result in added administrative time and extend payment time to suppliers or individuals, it is expected that all C-Forms submitted to AP will be completed in accordance with policy and procedures. This means the C-Form will be completed accurately and completely, include all required supporting documentation and include the appropriate approval. Once received in AP C-Forms will be processed between 5 and 7 days. Only 1 invoice per C-Form is allowed, any C-Form submitted with more than 1 invoice number on it will be rejected.
In addition, the following information on the C-Form must be typed:
- Company or individual's name
- Vendor Number (If the vendor is new and needs to be added, type NEW in the vendor number field)
- Federal tax ID or Social Security Number (last four digits for faculty, staff or students)
- Invoice date
- Invoice number
- Amount to be paid
- 26-digit account number
- Explanation of payment
Tips for creating an invoice # if none exits:
- Use the invoice date as the invoice #. Example, date is 10/20/08, invoice # would be 102008 or 10202008, etc.
- Use the date plus the initials of the person/vendor you are paying. Example: You are paying a subject for a study they participated in. Person’s name is Jason Rogers and the date was 4/10/09. Invoice # could be 041009JR or 041009JSNRGR, etc.
- When paying utility bills that do not have an invoice #, the invoice # should be the account # followed by the month of the bill. Example: Account # is 123456 and the bill is for March 09. Invoice # would be 1234560309.
AP & IDS employ the following procedures and criteria for handling C-Form exceptions, either by returning C-Forms with exceptions through Intramural Mail or electronically through BEN
Intramural Mail:C-Forms will be sent back to the TAC Holder who embossed it.
- Wrong form used
- Missing TAC and/or signature
- Missing TAC and/or signature
- TAC Card has expired
- Total Amount on C-Form is greater than TAC holder limit
- C-Form is a photocopy
- No Vendor # on the C-Form and no W9 attached
- Information on C-Form not typed
- Fields are crossed out and typed over
- White out is used on a field then typed over
- Remit to address does not match address on the invoice
Electronically via BEN: C-Forms will be sent back to the TAC Reviewer List
The TAC Reviewer list can be found at the following link:
- Missing Invoice #
- Missing Invoice Date
- Total dollar amount of lines does not equal what is written on the C-Form
- Invalid GL Account
- Duplicate Invoice #
- Name provided on C-Form doesn’t match name in BEN
- SSN # on C-Form does not match what is in BEN
Proper Form Use and Routing
AP is responsible for processing all C-Form payment requests to companies and requests for Foreign Drafts (payments to individuals or corporations in a foreign currency)
C-Form 368- AP Request for Payment- Corporate Suppliers Only
C-Form 368-FD- Request for Payment- Foreign Corporation & Foreign Drafts- This form is to be used for payments to:
- An Individual or Corporation requesting to be paid in a Foreign Currency.
- Foreign companies requesting to be paid in US Dollars.
The IDS group is responsible for processing all reimbursements to Individuals (excluding individuals paid in foreign currency). This includes reimbursements to foreign nationals, students, faculty and staff; human subject payments; independent contractor payments including Attorneys, Architects and Accountants. (Tax Attorneys and Accountants)
C-Form 368- IDS Form- Request for Payment/Reimbursements Other than Travel- This form is to be used for payments:
- To Individuals.
- To Foreign Individuals to be paid in US dollars
Method of payment - C-Form 368 - AP
Requests must be hand delivered and approved by senior personnel in Accounts Payable. All Will Call requests must be submitted to the AP department by 2:00 PM each day. Will Call requests submitted by 2:00 PM will be available for pick up on the third working day between 10:00 AM-2:00 PM, e.g. Monday by 2:00 PM for pickup Thursday between 10:00 AM-2:00 PM. AP does not notify the field when the Will Call checks are ready for pick up. It is the responsibility of the field to check the system on the 3rd business day to see if the check was cut. If the check was cut it will be ready for pick up in the Accounts Payable Office located in the Franklin Building between the hours of 10:00 AM- 2:00 PM. If the payment is not in BEN, then the field should call AP to see why it is not in the system. Please check off the appropriate box when requesting a Will Call.
Please see the below criteria that AP will use for determining Will Calls:
- Deposits and Final Payments that are due the day of the event
- Conference and Hotel Registrations
- Payments to Southern Wine & Spirits
- Payments to the Department of Homeland Security
- Payments to the Student Federal Credit Union for tokens
*Please Note: A Will Call Request will be rejected if the event or services have already taken place.
Method of payment - C-Form 368 - AP
An Attachment request is only for items that need to have the invoice/backup sent in order for the company to apply the check. This process is not to be used to get an invoice paid quicker. Please consult the BEN Financials Commodity Matrix for the most appropriate payment option such as paying with a purchasing card or on a purchase order. Examples of payments that may need to include an attachment: City of Philadelphia tax bills, conference registrations, electric bills, gas bills, hotel deposits, memberships, subscriptions, telephone, and water bills. If a utility invoice does not provide invoice numbers, please use the account number along with the month and year. Please check off the appropriate box when requesting an Attachment. The Accounts Payable department is responsible for sending out attachments with checks. If Federal Express or UPS is requested please check off the appropriate box on the C-Form and attach the Federal Express or UPS envelope to the C-Form.
Foreign Corporation & Foreign Drafts
Method of payment - C-Form 368-FD- Foreign Corporation & Foreign Drafts
- A Foreign Draft request is used for Foreign Companies and Foreign Individuals requesting to be paid in Foreign Currency.
- A request for Foreign National is used for US Citizens working abroad requesting to be paid in Foreign Currency.
- This form should also be used for Foreign Companies requesting to be paid in US Dollars.
- Individuals requesting to be paid in US Dollars should use C-Form 368- IDS Form.
*Please Note: Foreign Companies and Foreign Individuals do not require a W-9 to be provided. However, a U.S. Citizen working abroad will require a W-9.
Method of payment - C-Form 368 (via Wire Transfer)
Wires are transmitted by the Treasurer’s Office. The Treasurer’s Office is responsible for delivering the wires to Accounts Payable daily to ensure that the correct 26 digit account number is charged.
Method of payment - Petty cash fund
Supplier number: 52995
Petty cash reimbursements received from the Cashiers Office are entered into the accounts payable system daily.