University of Pennsylvania
arrow Comptroller's Office
arrow Tax and International Operations
arrow Intermediate Sanctions
arrow Tax Research Topics
divider line
arrow Document/Forms
arrow Contact Information
arrow Feedback


Comptroller's Office
University of Pennsylvania
Suite 329 Franklin Building
3451 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
215.898.1552 (Phone)
215.573.5269 (Fax)

Penn Home Penn A-Z Directories Calendar Maps
Office of the Comptroller

[ Payroll ]

Required Forms for Nonresident Aliens New Hires

ALL Foreign National new hire paperwork must FIRST be submitted to the Division of Human Resources for review. The Division of Human Resources will then forward the information to the Payroll Office for processing.


Penn Sponsored

F-1 StudentI-20If OPT, Page 3 and EAD Card
J-1 / J-2DS-2019J-2 / EAD Card
H, O, EI-797
TNCBP I-94 Printout (Air and Sea)I-94 Card (Land)
Permanent ResidencyI-485 / I-551Green or EAD Card
All Others EAD Card

Non-Penn Sponsored

F-1 StudentI-20CPT/OPT - Page 3 / If OPT- EAD Card
J-1 / J-2DS-2019J-1 Letter From Sponsor / J-2 - EAD Card
H, O, EI-797Letter from ISSS
All OthersEAD Card

*Please note: Students receiving Educational (Non-Service) Fellowship, I-9 and SS Receipt is not required for new hire.

Note: If you believe you are eligible for a tax treaty - Please visit the Payroll Tax Office @ 3451 Walnut Street, Room 310. Treaty Benefits WILL NOT be granted if individual does not have a valid Social Security or Individual Taxpayer Identification number.

campus window

Comptroller Spotlights

FY2014 Closing Instructions
New Category Codes
GL Object Codes FY2014
Concur Expense Type/Object Code Matrix (2014)

Comptroller Offices

Accounts Payable
Tax and International Operations
Office of the President Home Page Penn A-Z Directories Calendar Maps
Copyright © , University of Pennsylvania
3451 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 · 215.898.5000
Copyright Information | Contact Us | Privacy Policy

Penn Home
Visit Penn's website