[ Registration Details Page]
1. What do I need to know before registering for
- Some Schools and Centers require that you notify the Access
Administrator before registering for a financial training
course. Please consult with your Supervisor to determine
if this is the case for your School or Center.
- The remaining FAQs should assist in determining the appropriate
financial training you may require as well as the applicable pre-requisites and system access requirements.
2. How do I know which course(s) I need?
- In many cases, your job responsibilities will require
the use of certain administrative and financial systems
which may include, but not be limited to, the successful
completion of certain financial training courses, specific
pre-requisites and a fully executed logon access form.
- For specific information about each of the financial training
courses offered, please see Courses
from the Financial Training Department homepage.
- Note: Some courses are designed only for specific
attendees. Please be sure to check the descriptions very
carefully to determine if the course is required for you
and your role at the University.
3. How do I know if the course has a pre-requisite?
- The Courses
page on the Financial Training Department website lists
the applicable pre-requisite(s), if any, for each of the
financial training courses offered. Please read through
each carefully as each course may have different requirements
which need to be met prior to attending the specific course
you wish to enroll. No exceptions can be made if the
pre-requisites are not fulfilled prior to attending the
4. How do I obtain approval to register?
- The Financial Training Department offers all of their
training programs on an "open enrollment" basis. Once you
have properly notified your School or Center Access Administrator
or Supervisor as required, no additional authorization is
necessary. Please check with your own School or Center
as they may have additional approval requirements.
- In addition, to receive course credit and related
system access you must:
- Complete any required course pre-requisites,
- Complete the workshops and/or performance tests,
Present a completed logon access
form, if applicable
5. Is there a fee for taking a course?
- There is no fee for courses offered by the Financial Training
- If you are unable to attend a training session for which
you are registered, you must drop your registration no later
than the business day prior to the training date.
Cancellations after this time will be subject to the "No
Show Fee" if the training slot cannot be filled by an
individual on the wait list.
- See the Financial
Training Department Homepage for a link to their Policies
page as well as each individual listing under Courses
for additional "No Show Fee" information.
6. What do I need to do in order to obtain system
- In addition to successfully completing the required training
course(s), certain administrative and financial systems
require a fully completed logon access form
- For more information regarding a specific course, please
see the Financial Training and System Access Requirements page, as well as the
7. Who is the Access Administrator for my School/Center?
- Each access forms must be signed by your School/Center
- Each Access Administrator is charged with reviewing all
administrative and financial system access requests and
access forms for their School/Center.
8. What should I bring to class?
- For all classes requiring administrative and financial
systems access, please be sure to bring the fully completed
logon access form, including all required signatures, on
the first day of class.
- In addition, most courses require that each student
print the user guide for each course registered.
- Some courses also require the completion of certain activities
in advance of the actual class, such as 'Knowledge Building'
or a 'Web Expedition'.
- For more information specific to your course, please go
directly to the related Course(s).
9. Are any financial training courses available via
- Some courses are web-based training only. Some are a combination
of both web-based and instructor led training (see 'Note'
- Once an individual is registered for web-based training,
immediate access to the training material is provided. Web-based
courses are not required to be completed in one sitting.
Once the training material is reviewed, an on-line quiz,
or skills assessment, must be completed with a score of
- No special software is required for web-based training,
however if you have any technical difficulties, please be
sure to contact your LSP
(Local Support Provider)
- Note: Some courses are divided into two segments: An on-line
'Knowledge Building' portion to be followed by a separate
instructor-led session. In these cases, you must register
for both portions and successfully complete the on-line
'Knowledge Building' portion prior to attending the classroom
10. How do I use KnowledgeLink to register for my course?
- KnowledgeLink will allow you to:
- Register for a course (both instructor-led
- Take on-line training, quizzes, and skills
- Drop a course you are unable to attend
- View your current training record
- Tip: Most Financial Fraining Courses are listed in
the 'Optional' section
(see the left-hand side navigation menu on the KnowledgeLink