The Division of Finance is responsible for the centralized finance functions of the University. Its departments are essential to Penn’s financial management and ensure that financial resources are expertly stewarded, that financial policies are clear and consistently applied, and that faculty, staff, and students have access to funding needed to support their enrollment or perform their work.
The following programs are part of the Division of Finance:
- Comptroller's Office: Financial accounting, reporting, and disbursement activities
- Financial Systems and Training: Information technology support, as well as training programs in financial processes, procedures, and systems
- Global Support Services: Support for administrative and business functions of Penn's global activity
- Office of Research Services: Grant and contract proposals, negotiations, and management
- Office of Risk Management & Insurance: Insurance coverage, claims, and loss prevention
- Student Registration and Financial Services: Student financial aid, billing, collections, and enrollment
- Treasurer's Office: Cash and liability management, gifts accounting and administration, and investment services, including trust administration
The Division of Finance is led by Vice President, Finance and Treasurer MaryFrances McCourt:
MaryFrances McCourt is Vice President, Finance and Treasurer at the University of Pennsylvania. In her role, McCourt leads Penn’s cash and short-term investment and capital financing strategies and oversees Penn’s financial functions. McCourt is responsible for the University’s multi-year financial planning efforts and collaborates closely with Penn Medicine leadership on its growth and financial planning.
Prior to joining Penn, McCourt was the senior vice president and chief financial officer at Indiana University. McCourt has also served in financial management positions for Agilysis, Inc., a diversified enterprise focused on technology and enterprise system solutions.
She earned her bachelor’s degree magna cum laude from Duke University and an MBA from Case Western University.