Download FNIS Guide
Once you receive the FNIS email, gather the following documents to help complete your record:
- Admission Record or I-94 (this is electronic and can be printed at https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94)
- Social Security Card (if you do not have one, you can still complete the data entry)
- Immigration Document (I-20, DS-2019, I-797 or employment authorization card
Using the link, username, and password from the email, please access FNIS and perform the following tasks:
- Under IRS Form, select “Consent” and check the appropriate boxes to allow us to load your IRS forms onto the FNIS website.
- On the welcome page, select “Data Entry.” Please note that there are 6 pages and you must answer all the required fields, including your immigration history on Page 5. There are help buttons to assist you if you have any questions about a field. When complete, check the confirmation box on Page 6 and select “Finish” to submit your information. The data will be reviewed, and you will receive further requests if your record is deemed incomplete.
- Once the data is approved, a tax treaty analysis will be performed by an Administrator. If you are eligible for tax treaty benefits, you will receive an email with instructions to claim these benefits.
- To reset your FNIS password, contact the Penn Employee Solution Center at (215) 898-7372 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “FNIS Password Reset” in the subject line of the email to expedite processing of the request.