The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania require proof of general liability insurance to cover non-university events held in our facilities for meetings, conferences, sports camps/clinics, weddings, or other special functions or events. It is a short-term policy that covers liabilities related to your event only. 

The acceptable form of insurance documentation is a Certificate of Insurance showing the following: 

  • Provide a minimum limit of $2 million. 
  • “Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania” must be an additional name insured on the policy and listed as the Certificate Holder.  
  • The certificate should be sent by mail or email: 

Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania
Attn: Mr. Benjamin Evans
2929 Walnut Street
4th Floor, Suite 460 


For any event where liquor is served by someone other than a Universitypreferred caterer, a Certificate of Insurance showing evidence of liquor liability coverage must also be provided.  

For more information about how to purchase event insurance and obtain a quote click the link below: 

  • Tenant User Liability Program (TULIP) TULIP   

NOTE: Failure to comply may result in the cancellation of the event.