The Division of Finance is responsible for the centralized finance functions of the University. Its departments are essential to Penn’s financial management and ensure that financial resources are expertly stewarded, that financial policies are clear and consistently applied, and that faculty, staff, and students have access to funding needed to support their enrollment or perform their work.
The following offices are part of the Division of Finance. You can learn more about them using the links on the left side of this page.
- Comptroller’s Office: Financial accounting, reporting, and disbursement activities
- Finance & Treasury: Banking relationships, incoming payments, capital management, and financial analysis
- Financial Systems and Training: Information technology support, as well as training programs in financial processes, procedures, and systems
- Gift & Investment Services: Gift processing, investment accounting, and trust administration
- Global Support Services: Support for administrative and business functions of Penn’s global activity
- Office of Research Services: Grant and contract proposals, negotiations, and management
- Office of Risk Management & Insurance: Insurance coverage, claims, and loss prevention
- Student Registration and Financial Services: Student financial aid, billing, collections, and enrollment
Vice President, Finance & Treasurer
MaryFrances McCourt is Vice President, Finance & Treasurer at the University of Pennsylvania. In her role, McCourt leads Penn’s cash and short-term investment and capital financing strategies and oversees Penn’s financial functions, student registration and financial services, research administration, risk management, global support services, and gift administration. McCourt is responsible for the University’s multi-year financial planning efforts and collaborates closely with Penn Medicine leadership on its growth and financial planning.
Prior to joining Penn, McCourt was the senior vice president and chief financial officer at Indiana University. McCourt has also served in financial management positions for Agilysis, Inc., a diversified enterprise focused on technology and enterprise system solutions.
She earned her bachelor’s degree from Duke University and an MBA from Case Western University.