Skip to content
Racial Justice and Inclusion
Welcome to the Division of Finance Racial Justice and Inclusion Working Group
George Floyd's Death - A Year Later
Please take a moment to self-reflect on changes you’ve made, things you’ve learned, and take some time to view these links that illustrate some monumental impacts George Floyd has had on America.
May 31-June 1, 2021 - 100 Year Anniversary of the Tulsa Race Massacre
June 2021 is LGBTQ Pride Month
- DOF LGBTQ+ Pride Forum – Wednesday, June 9 – 12:00pm
In the spirit of our broader work on racial justice, inclusion, and belonging, the Division of Finance will honor Pride Month by creating space for DOF staff who identify as LGBTQ+ to build community and discuss their experiences at Penn.
The purpose of the forum is twofold:
- For members of the DOF who identify as LGBTQ+ to meet each other and build community
- To discuss interest in creating an LGBTQ+ Employee Affinity Group within the DOF
While the LGBTQ+ community is incredibly grateful for the support and advocacy of straight allies, this initial conversation is intended for staff who identify as LGBTQ+. Please know that your support is appreciated and is part of what makes Penn and the DOF a great place to work! We will find opportunities for the entire division to celebrate our LGBTQ+ population in June.
Register to participate and you will receive a Zoom link. Hopefully, we will be able to have future gatherings in person!
Juneteenth - Celebrate Freedom - June 19th 2021
About the Racial Justice and Inclusion Working Group
The Division of Finance seeks to ground itself in the tenets of anti-racism, inclusion, and belonging. This is a constant, ongoing process that will be achieved by honest and earnest dialogue, as well as active listening, with the hopes of challenging our innate assumptions and increasing understanding of those who are different from us. We aim to interrupt racism, bigotry, and prejudice and to achieve equity and racial justice, not just within the Division of Finance, but with everyone we encounter on a day-to-day basis.
- We recognize diversity and inclusion is paramount to a positive and thriving work environment; it is a business imperative.
- We celebrate the diversity that every individual brings to Penn.
- We value you and the unique life experiences that make you, you.
- We embrace and support inclusion; we cultivate it in our actions and interactions every day.
- We insist upon a positive work environment for everyone.
- We do not support, harbor, protect, ignore, or hide from acts of disrespect, exclusionary behaviors, or toxic bias.