All fine art in the University’s custody or control is insured under an all risks fine arts insurance policy. This includes all pieces of fine art on loan. No personal property is insured under this policy.
In the Event of a Loss (damage or theft)
- The Office of Risk Management & Insurance is responsible for adjusting claims resulting from loss or damage to University owned or loaned fine arts.
- Incidents involving loss or damage to University–owned or –loaned fine arts are to be reported immediately. Failure to report a loss in a timely manner may result in claim denial.
- The affected department is responsible for mitigating property loss. This includes protecting affected fine arts from further damage and seeking professional assessment/repair of property prior to claiming replacement costs.
- If damaged or stolen equipment is not repaired or replaced, claims or subsequent reimbursement will not be processed.
- In the event of theft, immediately report the theft to the University Police.
- To report a loss involving fine arts, please click the “Submit a Claim” link below and select “Fine Arts Claim.”