[ Accounts Payable ]
4th Floor Franklin Building- Room 440
3451 Walnut St
Office hours- 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
Phone: (215) 898-2626
Fax: (215) 573-4234
Accounts Payable is responsible for processing invoices and issuing payments for Companies, Student Financial Services, and Foreign Drafts. Accounts Payable is also responsible for the Voiding and Reissuing of Payments made by the University. Payments are made against approved and reserved purchase orders or via one of several forms, including the C-368- Request for Payment and the Request for Petty Cash Reimbursement. C-Forms are used for payments when a PO cannot be issued. C-Forms for payments to companies as well as all foreign draft requests are sent to Accounts Payable via Intramural mail.
Please refer to our Document/Forms Library for Procurement/Payment transactions.
The BEN Financials Commodity Matrix can also assist you in determining the appropriate method for procurement and payment of products and services.
*Please note: A/P is no longer responsible for processing disbursements to Individuals, Law Firms, Independent Contractors, Human Subject Fees, Honorariums, Attorneys, Architects, Accountants and Lecture Fees for Individuals. The Individual Disbursement Services department is responsible for handling these type of disbursements.
AP Fiscal Year-End Cut-Off Dates FY2013
- Friday, June 14th, 5:00 p.m.* Final day to request Final Closing of Purchase Orders in FY 2013
- Friday, June 14th, 5:00 p.m.* C-forms to be processd in FY2013
- Friday, June 21st, 5:00 p.m.* Purchase order invoices to be processed in FY 2013
- Friday, June 21st, 5:00 p.m.* Requests to correct and reverse receipts for FY 2013
- Friday, June 21st, 5:00 p.m.* Will Call checks
* The dates listed above are the year-end processing cut-off dates for the AP
and IDS Offices. In order to ensure that your requests are processed before the end of the
Fiscal year we are requesting you submit all forms by the dates listed below.
Requests submitted after these dates may still be processed before the end of the year.
- W9's for LLC vendors must reference the tax classification. Any W9 submitted without the tax classification will be rejected.
- Invoices should be sent directly to Accounts Payable. Vendors should not be emailing invoices to the Accounts Payable email box firstname.lastname@example.org. This email address is for payment related questions and issues.
- Utility bill such as Verizon and AT&T should not have Accounts Payable's address listed as the bill to address. A/P should not be receiving these invoices directly from the vendor. When A/P receives these bills they are unable to distinguish what department these invoices belong to.
- The A/P office is open daily from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- A re-issued check will be issued as it was originally requested. Please do not request will calls for reissue checks.
- Please allow 30 days before submitting a stop/reissue request if the check was mailed to the correct address.
- Will Call requests are for deposits, conference registrations, Department of Homeland Security, and payments that are required at the time of service. Will Calls are not for services that have already been provided or past due invoices.
- Please place Will Call requests in the bin inside the A/P office. Please do not place them in the drop box (1st fl Franklin Bldg) or the mail slot (outside the A/P office). Failure to place them inside the office bin can result with your request being processed as a regular request.
- Please have a valid Penn I.D. when picking up Will Call checks. Guest cards are not honored as valid Penn I.D.
- Attachment requests are for documents that must accompany the check (utility bills, membership dues, etc.)
- Foreign Draft requests should reference the currency in which the draft is to be issued.
- When paying utility invoices the Invoice number should consist of the account number followed by the 4 digit date MMYY. (Example Account 5679 July 2010 Bill should be 56790710) Please ensure that everyone is following this format for all utility payments.
- When placing an order, be sure to give the address where the items should be shipped. Accounts Payable will not accept any packages and the packages will be returned.
Following is some additional information that you may find helpful when inquiring about Accounts Payable related processes and procedures:
- The default payment terms for vendors is thirty (30) days from the date of the invoice. Provided the invoice is not "on hold" in BEN Financials. PO vendors are paid in accordance to the terms agreed with purchasing.
- A W-9 is required for all vendors in order to be added to the vendor database.
- Petty Cash Voucher Slips are required to be attached to each receipt.
- Any PO invoice that comes in on a Finally Closed PO will be rejected back to the vendor requesting they contact the buyer who will submit the invoice for payment via a C-Form.
- The AP Service Level Agreement states that all PO invoices will be entered into the system within 5 business days of receipt, all C-Forms will be entered within 7 business days of receipt and all Final Closes requests will be completed within 5-7 business days of receipt.
- A Stop or Void Payment Form is required to request a Stop or Void payment transaction.
- Stop/Void/Reissue requests are completed in the order they are received. Completion times vary depending on the volume of requests received at a given time. On average, requests are completed within 7-10 business of receipt.