[ Disbursements - Accounts Payable ]
4th Floor Franklin Building- Room 440
3451 Walnut St
Office hours- 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
Phone: (215) 898-2626
Fax: (215) 573-4234
Email: APSUP@exchange.upenn.edu for inquiries only (Do not email invoices)
Accounts Payable is responsible for processing invoices and issuing payments for Companies, Individuals, and Foreign Drafts. This includes payments to Foreign Nationals, students, faculty, staff, human subject payments and independent contractors. Accounts Payable is also responsible for the Voiding and Reissuing of Payments made by the University. Payments are made against approved and reserved purchase orders or via one of several forms, including the Procurement/Disbursement Authorization Form (PDA) and the Request for Petty Cash Reimbursement. PDA Forms are used for payments when a PO cannot be issued. PDA for payments to companies as well as all foreign draft requests are sent to Accounts Payable via Intramural mail.
Please refer to our Document/Forms Library for Procurement/Payment transactions.
The BEN Financials Commodity Matrix can also assist you in determining the appropriate method for procurement and payment of products and services.
What's New in AP ??
As of August 12th the Individual Disbursements Services Department (IDS) has merged with Accounts Payable on the 4th floor of the Franklin Building, Rm 440.
As of October 16th we have introduced the new Procurement/Disbursement Authorization Forms (PDA). The old C-368 Forms and travel C-1,C-1A,C5,C7,C7A Forms will be phased out and no longer accepted after December 31, 2013.
Please use the new PDA Forms going forward.
Year End Cut-Off Dates
- PDA-NA Form (Non-Affiliates) This form should be used for Corporate Suppliers/Individuals or Non Corporate Entities
- PDA-ES Form (Employee/Student) This form should be used for Employees/Students and Foreign National Employee/Students for taxable payments. Reimbursements should be going through Concur.
- PDA-F Form (Foreign Non-Affiliates- Corporations/Individuals) This form should be used for all Foreign Corporation/Foreign Individuals or Non Corporate Entities and Foreign Drafts.
- PDA-W Form (Wire Transfer) This form should be used only for payments over $100,000 or International Payments specifically stating wire transfer is required can be paid via Wire/ACH transfer, unless authorized by the treasurer’s office.
The following are the year-end processing cut-off dates for the AP Office. In order to ensure requests are processed before the end of the year, we are requesting you submit all requests by the dates listed below. Requests submitted after these dates may still be processed before the end of the year, however, due to the increased volume of requests we receive during this time we cannot guarantee they will be processed. The dates are as follows:
Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. to be processed before December 31, 2013:
Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. to be processed before December 24, 2013:
- PDA Forms & Purchase Order invoices
- Request Final Closing of PO’s
- Requests to correct and reverse receipts
AP Coverage for Winter Break
The AP office will be staffed over the Winter Break to take phone calls and respond to emails only as follows:
Wed. 12/25/13 Closed
Thurs. 12/26/13 Closed
Fri. 12/27/13 Closed
Mon. 12/30/13 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Tues. 12/31/13 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Please note: There will be no AP window hours. *
* If you have an emergency, you may call the Helpdesk (215-898-2626) or email (APSUP@exchange.upenn.edu) during office hours.